Sunday, September 27, 2009

Its a knit thing...


I have been having way too much fun knitting! I finished the noro silk garden fingerless gloves and gave them as a gift... unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them before I did. Then I went on to finishing my lovely green hat heel socks. I learned a lesson after wearing them for the first time the other day... be careful of what you knit socks out of... mine were 100% wool and so they felted a bit when my feet got too hot!

After the socks were complete I knitted up a pair of fingerless gloves for Aiden. He picked the yarn out himself... he liked it because it is really soft and because it comes in a small skein... he said it was his size.


Now I'm working on a pair of socks which will be Dad's Christmas present. I really love the softness of the yarn and the subtle color change. I'm knitting this pair from the toe up and so far its going well. I am a bit nervous about the heel... but I'll tackle that problem when I get there! I wanted something not too boring to knit and something machine washable. I always prefer variegated yarn and this is what I ended up with...

Well, that's my update for today! :)

No comments: